Sunday, April 19, 2009

Paint Smudges

Today, I've been working on improving some of the actual paint rendering (so that it's not just dots) and started working on implementig paint transfer between the brush and canvas (based on [Baxter] as mentioned in my post on references). This also included improving how the paints mix when they're on the canvas. As can be seen, it's starting to look a bit more like paint.

(While it's not obvious from the picture, the blue-ish colour in the bottom centre resulted from the paint on the brush changing colour as I was "scribbling" back and forth on the canvas.)

Next up, I'm going to tackle more of the paint simulation (advection between canvas cells) after which I'll probably handle options for paint drying followed by revisiting the palette/mixing area.

No comments:

Post a Comment